New date and time!
Saturday, October 20, 2018
9am – 5pm
Each year over 35,000 visitors come to BugFest to experience over 100 exhibits, crafts, games and activities. We provide the opportunity for you to interact with entomologists and other scientists so you can continue learning about the fascinating world of bugs. We also feature Café Insecta, where the brave can sample buggy dishes prepared by local chefs. The best part is, it’s all free!
2018 Theme Arthropod: Crayfish and Other Crustaceans!
Why are crayfish featured at BugFest this year? Regardless of the name, this event celebrates all arthropods, a group that includes insects (like butterflies and beetles), arachnids (spiders and scorpions), myriapods (centipedes and millipedes) and crustaceans (where the crayfish belong), as well as true bugs (like cicadas and planthoppers).
At BugFest 2018:
- Enjoy the entertaining displays, exhibits and activities — both inside and outside the Museum.
- Learn about arthropods, which make up three-quarters of all animals on Earth, during fascinating presentations.
- Taste delectable dishes featuring creepy crawlers as a major ingredient at Café Insecta.
- Learn how to keep your own hive at a Beekeeping Workshop.
- Bring an unusual bug to the Stump the Experts table.
Send us an email at the following links if you are interested in:
BUGFEST: Inside the Museum
All four floors of the Museum will be filled with buggy fun!
Jones Street, The Plaza, and Edenton Street will be teeming with live bands, bug stations, and a street carnival.
If you need any accommodations to attend the event, please contact David Wood.
With additional support from
Go Ape Tree Top Adventure
National Wildlife Federation
Pepsi Bottling Ventures
Join the Friends of the Museum!
Members get cray-zy special perks:
- Get a free 2018 BugFest crayfish T-shirt when you join or renew onsite!
- Free Italian ice!
- Café Insecta Member Fast Lane
- UnBELIZEable Tropical Bugs, 10am & 11am
Event presentations and displays are subject to change without notice.