Downtown RaleighNature Exploration Center (NEC)
11 West Jones Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
Get Directions Nature Research Center (NRC)
121 West Jones Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
Parking is available weekdays in several public pay parking decks within walking distance of the Museum.
- An above-ground lot is located one block east of the Museum, with entrances on Jones and Edenton Streets.
- The Green Square parking deck is at the corner of Edenton and McDowell Streets, behind the Nature Research Center (NRC). The entrance to the deck is on Edenton between Salisbury and McDowell Streets. Exit the deck on the north side and you will be at the back entrance to the NRC.
- Limited metered parking is available along Jones and Edenton Streets. Parking is free and abundant on weekends.
For parking choices within walking distance of the Museum, see the Downtown Map. Note: Parking rates at all Downtown State Government Complex parking facilities are $2/hour.
Bus loading and unloading is available on Jones Street near the Nature Exploration Center entrance. A free bus parking area is located two blocks from the Museum on the corner of Blount and Jones Streets. Overflow bus parking area is located next to the North Carolina Museum of Art on Blue Ridge Road.
- Amtrak: Raleigh Union Station — regional train
- GoTriangle: intercity bus system
- GoRaleigh: Raleigh city bus system
- R-Line: downtown circulator bus
- Citrix Cycle: self-serve bicycle rental
PRAIRIE RIDGE ECOSTATION1671 Gold Star Drive
Raleigh, NC 27607
A gravel parking lot is located adjacent to the entrance of Prairie Ridge Ecostation. You will see a fence, kiosk and gate marking the Prairie Ridge entrance just before the drive curves around to the right.
Limited bus parking is available in the public parking lot.
WHITEVILLE415 South Madison Street
Whiteville, NC 28472
GREENVILLE729 Dickinson Avenue
Greenville, NC 27834
The NC Museum of Natural Sciences at Greenville is currently closed for renovations.
CONTENTNEA CREEK949 Contentnea Lane
Grifton, NC 27530
The NC Museum of Natural Sciences at Contentnea Creek is currently closed to walk-up visitors due to Covid-19. Groups are still welcome to book reservations. Please fill out the form on this page to arrange a group visit or contact Maria McDaniel, email@example.com.
Car parking is available in the gravel parking lot immediately in front of the main Contentnea Creek office building. During large public events, parking will be facilitated in the field across the street from the main entrance.
Limited bus parking is available in the field next to the gravel parking lot in front of the main Contentnea Creek office building.