The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh is now hiring enthusiastic staff for its 2019 Summer Camps! The Museum offers week-long full-day hands-on science camps for children in rising K through 12 grades. Camps run June 24 through August 2. Museum camps are offered at two locations – the Museum in downtown Raleigh and Prairie Ridge Ecostation in west Raleigh.
Once the application process has closed, you may be contacted by email to set up a phone interview.
Rising K–1 Lead Instructor
The Lead Instructor will be located at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences providing hands-on, informal science activates and lesson plans. Successful candidates will have the ability to communicate an enthusiasm for natural science to children.
- Design, plan, and teach camp activities, crafts, games, and lesson plans for rising K-1 grade camps in the spring and during camp
- Interact professionally with Museum staff, parents, and rising K-1 grade campers
- Work as a team and delegate task as need with Museum staff or Assistant Instructor/intern/volunteer
- Help prepare camp paperwork, maintain camp program supplies including daily clean-up of classrooms and equipment, and follow up with Summer Camps Coordinator
- Meet deadlines, comply with Summer Camps Orientation Manual and any other duties assigned by supervisor
- Assist in camp drop-off and pick-up between 8:30-8:45am and 4:45-5:10pm. Hours may vary before and after listed drop-off and pick-up times for program setup or parental concerns.
- CPR with AED training and First Aid is suggested
- Preferred: experience teaching children with disabilities and those who require extra support or modifications
- Required: previous experience working in an informal or formal educational setting
- Required: attend all Summer Camps Orientation dates Friday, March 22 from 5:30 – 8:30 pm, Saturday, March 23 from 9:00am – 5:00pm, Saturday April 6 and 27 from 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Required: college degree or equivalent experience
- Required: candidate must be available to teach camps June 24-28, July 8-12, July 15-19, July 22-26, and July 29-August 2
This position starts at $12.75 per hour. Camp hours are 8:00am to 5:15pm. All positions are temporary positions with an average of 45 hours per week with overtime pay.
Completed application will be considered when submitted.