Reptile and Amphibian Day is an indoor festival located in and around the NC Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh.
Parking is available in six different lots nearby. Free street parking is also available throughout downtown the day of the event.
Road Closures on Saturday, March 11, 2023
Please note that several roads will be closed the morning of this event for the St. Patrick’s Day Parade. See below.
Fayetteville Street District & State Capital District
Event Time: 10:00am – 12:30pm
Associated Road Closures: The following roads will be closed from 8:00am until 1:00pm for parade staging:
- N. Wilmington Street between Peace Street and E. Lane Street
- Polk Street between Blount Street and Wilmington Street
- E. North Street between Blount Street and Wilmington Street
- W. Morgan Street between Fayetteville Street and N. Wilmington Street
The following parade route will be closed from 9:50am until 12:00pm:
- Start at the intersection of N. Wilmington Street and E. Lane Street
- Head south on Wilmington Street
- Right onto E. Morgan Street
- Left onto Fayetteville Street
- Right onto W. Davie Street
- Left onto S. Salisbury Street
- Finish at Lenoir Street
Note: All cross-streets one block in each direction will be detoured.
Alternative transportation options
Don’t let parking make you squirm: take the bus to Reptile and Amphibian Day 2023!
Since this event draws more than 16,000 people each year we encourage visitors to consider alternative transit options.
- From Raleigh: There are a number of routes available throughout the city that will get riders close to Astronomy Days. See GoRaleigh for detailed ride information.
- Any route traveling outbound via Wilmington Street will get visitors close to the Museum or to Edenton Street. Those routes are 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12 and 16.
- Inbound, routes 2, 3, 4, 6, 8 and 16 use either Salisbury Street or Morgan Street and will get visitors close.
- From Durham: GoTriangle Route 100 stops at the corner of Salisbury and Morgan Streets (#8063), about a block from the Museum. Route 100 runs every 30 minutes on Saturday, 7:30am (leaving for the Museum) to 5:40pm (returning to Durham). Thereafter it runs hourly, with the last Route 100 bus leaving GoRaleigh Station for the Regional Transit Center at 9:40pm. Park at the Regional Transit Center, 901 Slater Road in Durham, to catch this bus.
- From Cary: GoTriangle Route 300 from Cary Train Station (#1398) stops at the GoRaleigh Station, three blocks from the Museum. Route 300 runs every 30 minutes on Saturday from 7:00am (leaving for the Museum) to 7:30pm (returning to Cary). Thereafter it runs hourly, with the last Route 300 bus leaving GoRaleigh Station at 9:30pm for Cary Train Station. Park at the Cary Train Station, 211 North Academy Street in Cary, to catch this bus.
For more information or to map the best bus route from your home to the Museum, visit the local agency websites or call 919.485.7433.
Other Transportation Options
For other alternative transportation options to and within Raleigh, including Amtrak trains and bicycle rickshaw companies, see godowntownraleigh.com.