Looking for something to do at home? Join us to learn more about how you can become a citizen science from anywhere!
Monday, March 23 – Introduction to Nature’s Notebook
Join our Head of Citizen Science, Chris Goforth, to learn how to document signs of spring as a citizen scientist for Nature’s Notebook. She’ll share a video on the Museum’s Facebook page that will introduce the project, demonstrate how to collect data for a native tree species, and walk you through how to enter the data with the free Nature’s Notebook smartphone app. Come back here for valuable resources and links that will help make your first Nature’s Notebook observation a success!
- Nature’s Notebook website
- Nature’s Notebook Plant and Animal species list – you must choose a species from the list to participate
Tree Identification Resources
- Ask a Naturalist – Ask the staff at the Museum’s Naturalist Center for tree identification help
- iNaturalist – This free app has built-in image reconigtion software to help you figure out our tree’s species
- Plants by Field Guide – A free app that will identify your trees from a photo, available for Apple and Android.
Friday, March 27 – Nature’s Notebook Live Discussion
Once you’ve made an observation of your own, join us for a live discussion of the things you learned and get your questions answered! Online location TBD.