A Regional Showcase
The Nature Art Gallery is located on the mezzanine level of the Museum Store and features original nature-themed art. All exhibited art is for sale.
The main gallery showcases regional artists' two and three-dimensional arts and crafts — hand blown glass, NC pottery (including Bulldog Pottery), wildlife photography, lithographs and paintings. The secondary gallery features a single artist each month in a juried exhibition of their most recent work. For more information call 919.707.9854.
"Nature in Colored Pencil": artwork by the Colored Pencil Society of America
June 3 - July 31, 2016
A gallery reception for the artists will be held on Saturday, June 4, 2–4pm in the Nature Exploration Center.
- February 5–28: "Beach Headz - North Carolina Marine Fossil Portraits": artwork by Rick Jackson
- March 4–27: "Elements": artwork by Mike Basher
- April 1–30:"Another Point of View": artwork by Amanda Charest
- May 6–29: "A Personal Look at Nature": artwork by Nancy Nieves
- June 3–July 31: "Nature in Colored Pencil": artwork by the Colored Pencil Society of America
- August 5–28: "Under the Microscope": artwork by Rosalynn Villaescusa
- September 2–October 2: "Up Close and Personal, The Beauty of Tiny Insects": artwork by Stan Lewis
- October 7–30: "Tonal Landscapes": artwork by Lori White
- November 4–27: "Groundlessness": artwork by Julie Cardillo
- December 2, 2016–January 30, 2017: "The Great Outdoors": artwork by Robert Thurston
Accessibility Note: The Nature Art Gallery is only accessible by stairs. For each exhibition all art will be photographed. Staff will bring individual pieces to the main floor of the Museum Store as requested.