A Regional Showcase
The Nature Art Gallery is located on the mezzanine level of the Museum Store and features original nature-themed art. All exhibited art is for sale.
The main gallery showcases regional artists' two and three-dimensional arts and crafts — hand blown glass, NC pottery (including Bulldog Pottery), wildlife photography, lithographs and paintings. The secondary gallery features a single artist each month in a juried exhibition of their most recent work. For more information call 919.707.9854.
"Birds and Butterflies" by Matthew Leavitt
June 1 – July 29, 2018
Gallery reception Saturday, June 2, 2–4pm.
2018 Exhibition Schedule
- December 1, 2017–January 28, 2018: John Elliott, "Exterminati Sunt Mechanica"
- February 2–25: William Howard, "Acadia, The Badlands and Other National Parks"
- March 2–April 1: Norma Longo, "A Touch of Nature"
- April 6–29: Linda Fuller, "Voices of Light, Wood and Water"
- May 4–27: John Moore, "Photographs of the Great Smoky Mountains"
- June 1–July 29: Matthew Leavitt, "Birds and Butterflies"
- August 3–26: Ruth Ananda, "Woodland Jewels"
- August 31–September 30: Lind Hollingsworth, "Icons of Our Natural World"
- October 5–28: Betty Hendricks, "Wildlife Art"
- November 2–25: Beth Golston, "North Carolina from Far Away and Nearby"
- November 30, 2018–January 27, 2019: Keith Kennedy, "Wildlife Portraits"
Accessibility Note: The Nature Art Gallery is only accessible by stairs. For each exhibition all art will be photographed. Staff will bring individual pieces to the main floor of the Museum Store as requested.
Prospectus for Artists (Word Document)