A Regional Showcase
The Nature Art Gallery is located on the mezzanine level of the Museum Store and features original nature-themed art. All exhibited art is for sale.
The main gallery showcases regional artists' two and three-dimensional arts and crafts — hand blown glass, NC pottery (including Bulldog Pottery), wildlife photography, lithographs and paintings. The secondary gallery features a single artist each month in a juried exhibition of their most recent work. Opening receptions are held during the Museum's First Friday events. For more information call 919.707.9854.
"Beach-Headz: North Carolina Marine Fossil Portraits" by Rick Jackson.
February 5th through February 28th
Gallery reception First Friday, February 5th, 6—8pm
- February 5–28: "Beach Headz - North Carolina Marine Fossil Portraits" Rick Jackson
- March 4–27: "Elements" Artwork by Mike Basher
- April 1–30:"Another Point of View" Artwork by Amanda Charest
- May 6–29: "A Personal Look at Nature" Artwork by Nancy Nieves
- June 3–July 31: "Nature in Colored Pencil" Artwork by N.C. Colored Pencil Society
- August 5–28: "Under the Microscope" Artwork by Rosalynn Villaescusa
- September 2–October 2: "Up Close and Personal, The Beauty of Tiny Insects" Artwork by Stan Lewis
- October 7–30: "Tonal Landscapes" Artwork by Lori White
- November 4–27: Julie Cardillo
- December 2, 2016–January 30, 2017: "The Great Outdoors" Artwork by Robert Thurston
Accessibility Note: The Nature Art Gallery is only accessible by stairs. For each exhibition all art will be photographed. Staff will bring individual pieces to the main floor of the Museum Store as requested.