A Regional Showcase
The Nature Art Gallery is located on the mezzanine level of the Museum Store and features original nature-themed art. All exhibited art is for sale.
The main gallery showcases regional artists' two and three-dimensional arts and crafts — hand blown glass, NC pottery (including Bulldog Pottery), wildlife photography, lithographs and paintings. The secondary gallery features a single artist each month in a juried exhibition of their most recent work. Opening receptions are held during the Museum's First Friday events. For more information call 919.707.9854.
"The Nature Series" paintings by Raleigh artist Ellen Gamble
November 6th through November 29th
Gallery reception First Friday, November 6th, 6–8pm
- August 7-31: Mark Stephenson
- September 4–27: Raleigh, Naturally: Artwork by Vicki Rees
- October 2–November 1: Wings: Artwork by Barbara Rohde
- November 6–29: The Nature Series: Artwork by Ellen Gamble
- December 4–January 31, 2016: Artwork by Sharron Parker
Accessibility Note: The Nature Art Gallery is only accessible by stairs. For each exhibition all art will be photographed. Staff will bring individual pieces to the main floor of the Museum Store as requested.