INTERN WITH US
Thank you for your interest in an internship with the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences! Our internship opportunities are designed to meet a unique blend of current academic needs and future career experience.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program classified as a sophomore or higher. Graduate students may also apply.
- Experience and/or prior coursework within the field of the internship experience for which you are applying.
- Education interns must be able to communicate well with the public.
- Enthusiasm and a strong interest in learning about science education, environmental science, museum studies, research, etc.
FOR CREDIT OR EXPERIENCE
- Credit internships—135 hrs. or however many hours are required by your university, whichever is higher. Academic advisor or class professor must sign off to approve credit (includes project).
- Non-credit/experience internships—120 hrs. (includes project). Does not need a signature.
- Fall Semester: July 1
- Spring Semester: November 1
- Summer semester: March 1
The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences Internship Program works alongside other agencies and departments to increase our internship offerings. We are proud to be a host site for several sponsored opportunities!