The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences in downtown Raleigh is open Tuesday–Sunday, 10am–5pm.
Know Before You Go
- Please review the hours of operation before visiting
- Hand sanitizer stations are accessible throughout the Museum.
- Sensor-activated, hands-free water bottle filling stations are now installed on each floor of the Museum in downtown Raleigh.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, we ask that you postpone your visit.
Please check this page before visiting, and follow the Museum on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for the most up-to-date information. For additional questions email email@example.com or see the FAQs. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Downtown Raleigh — Temporary Closures
Nature Exploration Center
- Living Conservatory (Butterfly Room)
Nature Research Center
- All first floor exhibits are currently off display for renovations and construction of the SECU DinoLab, which will house the Dueling Dinosaurs.
Prairie Ridge Ecostation in west Raleigh is open Tuesday through Saturday, 9am to 4pm (closed on Sunday and Monday). Visit Prairie Ridge’s Facebook page for the latest information.
The NC Museum of Natural Sciences at Whiteville is open Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00am–4:00pm (closed on Sunday and Monday). Visit the Whiteville Facebook page for current information on programs and events.
Our Greenville location is closed until: TBD
Please see the hours of operation before visiting. The NC Museum of Natural Sciences at Greenville has exceptional exhibits, mind-opening programs and educational events that reflect the relevant needs of audiences in northeastern North Carolina.
Please see the hours of operation before visiting. Groups are welcome to book reservations. Please fill out the form on this page to arrange a group visit or contact Sam Eubanks, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Keep an eye on our events calendar and our Facebook page for special events happening at NCMNS Contentnea Creek.
For a complete listing of our public programs and events, please visit the Museum's Events Calendar.