The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences in downtown Raleigh is open Tuesday–Sunday, 10am–5pm, with procedures and plans in place to help ensure the safety of visitors and staff.
Masks are now optional in all Museum locations.
Know Before You Go
- Please review the hours of operation before visiting
- Effective Monday, March 7, 2022, masks will be optional in all Museum locations.
- Cloth face coverings are available for purchase in the Museum Store.
- Enhanced cleaning of the facilities will take place multiple times throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer stations are accessible throughout the Museum.
- Sensor-activated, hands-free water bottle filling stations are now installed on each floor of the Museum in downtown Raleigh.
- The Museum’s daily onsite programming is temporarily postponed.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, we ask that you postpone your visit.
Please check this page before visiting, and follow the Museum on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for the most up-to-date information. For additional questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or see the FAQs. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Areas within the downtown Museum that are currently closed include:
- Windows on the World (Storytime and Meet the Animals)
- Living Conservatory (aka “the butterfly room”)
- The Naturalist Center
- Additional small permanent exhibits (areas)
- Complete list of closed areas on the FAQ page
Prairie Ridge Ecostation in west Raleigh is open Tuesday through Saturday, 9am to 4pm (closed on Sunday and Monday). The Bird Blind remains closed to the public at this time. Visit Prairie Ridge’s Facebook page for the latest information.
The NC Museum of Natural Sciences at Whiteville is open Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00am–4:00pm (closed on Sunday and Monday). Visit the Whiteville Facebook page for current information on programs and events.
The NC Museum of Natural Sciences at Greenville is now open Tuesday–Saturday, 10am–5pm, with new, exceptional exhibits, mind-opening programs and educational events that reflect the relevant needs of audiences in northeastern North Carolina.
Contentnea Creek is now open to the public Saturdays from 10am to 2pm. Groups are still welcome to book reservations. Please fill out the form on this page to arrange a group visit or contact Maria McDaniel, email@example.com for more information. Keep an eye on our events calendar and our Facebook page for special events happening at NCMNS Contentnea Creek.