Join us to celebrate TEN years of our annual Educator Open House and SciREN Triangle Networking Event! This year we will return to an in-person gathering on Thursday, September 28, 2023 from 6:00-8:30pm. Join us for this special information exchange night just for educators! This live, in-person event will feature local scientists, Museum educators and partner organizations showcasing their lesson plans and resources/opportunities in a relaxed environment. Learn about new programs and field trips, outreach and virtual programs and professional development opportunities. Through a partnership with SciREN (Scientific Research and Education Network), meet local scientists ready to distribute curriculum-centered lessons based on their current research! This is an excellent way to rejuvenate teaching methods, integrate relevant and real science into student learning, and reach out into the community.
What to Expect
- Free: Lily’s pizza dinner and beverages courtesy of New Belgium Brewing
- Free: curriculum-correlated K–12 lesson plans (including digital access)
- Opportunities to talk 1:1 with scientists
- Information about program offerings from the Museum and other partner organizations
- Take a tour of the Museum’s galleries and exhibits.
- Learn about upcoming professional development opportunities.
FREE, but registration is required. Register Here!
Location: NC Museum of Natural Sciences, Nature Exploration Center — Directions and Parking
For additional information about this event, contact Megan Davis at email@example.com