The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences at Whiteville is currently open to the public with procedures, new hours and plans in place to help ensure the safety of staff and guests.
The Museum's outdoor spaces, including the Nature PlaySpace, NC Tree Trail and Fossil Pit, are open.
Restrooms and the Museum Store will be available in the lobby, with extra precautions. Hands-on spaces are currently closed.
- Open Tuesday-Saturday, 10am–4pm
- Closed Sunday and Monday
Additionally, new safety plans include:
- Enhanced cleaning of the facilities will take place multiple times throughout the day with a focus on restrooms and frequently touched areas.
- A directional flow through the lobby and restroom area has been established
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the Museum
- Staff will wear cloth face masks when in contact with guests
- Play items are available to check out from the visitor services desk for use in the Nature PlaySpace. These will be returned and cleaned by Museum staff after each use.
In compliance with Executive Order 215, face masks are no longer required for visitors in most settings outdoors or indoors at our facilities. We strongly encourage those who have not yet been vaccinated for COVID-19 to continue wearing masks and practicing social distancing while visiting our facilities.
Face coverings are recommended for:
- Children between the ages of 5 and 12
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated
The Museum’s onsite programming is temporarily postponed. Areas within the Museum that are closed include:
- Discovery Forest
- Investigate Labs
- The Naturalist Corner
- The Fossil Lab
- Additional small permanent exhibits
If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, we ask that you postpone your visit.
If you are not ready to visit the Museum in person yet, remember you can visit virtually through he Museum Facebook page at facebook.com/NCMNSWhiteville, where you’ll find live virtual programming, do-it-yourself activities, and videos.
Keep up to date with our plans by visiting the Museum website at naturalsciences.org or following the Museum on social media (@NCMNSWhiteville). For additional questions email us at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Museum Information415 South Madison Street
Whiteville, NC 28472
Admission is free. Donations appreciated.