A Regional Showcase
The Nature Art Gallery is located on the mezzanine level of the Museum Store and features original nature-themed art. All exhibited art is for sale.
The main gallery showcases regional artists' two and three-dimensional arts and crafts — hand blown glass, NC pottery (including Bulldog Pottery), wildlife photography, lithographs and paintings. The secondary gallery features a single artist each month in a juried exhibition of their most recent work. For more information call 919.707.9854.
"Vibrant Nature" by Karen Neuvirth
December 6, 2019–January 26, 2020
Gallery reception Saturday, December 7, 2–4pm.
"Suburban Symbiosis: Insectum Domesticus" by Daniel Kariko
Jan 31, 2020–March 1, 2020
Gallery reception Saturday, February 1, 2–4pm.
- December, 2019–January, 2020: Karin Neuvirth, "Vibrant Nature"
- February: Daniel Kariko, "Suburban Symbiosis: Insectum Domesticus"
- March: Tammy Kaufman, "Short Stories Mother Nature Told Me"
- April: Morgan Fleming, "Wings, Petals, Legs and Wings"
- May: Joyce Fillip, "Botanical Observations"
- June/July: Colored Pencil Society, "Naturally Colored Pencil"
- August: Judy Grant, "Portraits in Watercolor and Graphite"
- September: Corneille Little, "Bees and Birds"
- October: Carroll Lassiter, "Naturally Light"
- November: Kristen Orr and Kate Fleming, "In my Backyard"
- December, 2020–January, 2021: Miriam Sagasti, "Through the Seasons"
Accessibility Note: The Nature Art Gallery is only accessible by stairs. For each exhibition all art will be photographed. Staff will bring individual pieces to the main floor of the Museum Store as requested.
Prospectus for Artists (Word Document)