You are cordially invited to honor the Museum's founders, H.H. and C.S. Brimley, by supporting the most visited museum and top fieldtrip attraction in North Carolina. Help usher in a new era of exploration reminiscent of the Brimley brothers' historic yet uniquely modern approach to science. The Brimley Society, launched in 2005 to recognize the Friends of the Museum's most dedicated supporters, was named after the founding fathers of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences.
Contributions from Brimley Society members, our most committed supporters, help supplement the Museum's free admission and affordable programs, ensuring that every visitor entering our doors has the opportunity to experience cutting-edge science in myriad ways. Proceeds from the Brimley Society sustain the Friends' ongoing efforts to support the Museum's educational programs, research and exhibits.
A perfect blend of membership and philanthropy, your Brimley gift helps the Museum offer an array of presentations, events, exhibitions and educational programs, including:
- Astronomy Days, Reptile and Amphibian Day, BugFest and more;
- Outreach programs for underserved communities;
- Public presentations by world-renowned scientists; and
- A wide variety of fun and educational summer camps.
Beyond the satisfaction of giving, the Brimley Society adds value with exclusive benefits available only to Brimley donors. Full list of benefits at all Brimley levels. In appreciation of your support, you may choose to receive the following Brimley Society Benefits:
- Special behind-the-scenes events and tours.
- Free, unlimited admission to special exhibitions;
- Option to bring guests to special exhibitions, events and movies at the Member rate (guest admission ranges from six to twelve guests depending on level).
- Recognition onsite and on the Museum website.
- 20% discount in Museum Stores.
- Discount on facility rental fee for Museum rentals for Sunday through Friday rentals
- Benefit from special offers, events and more with a Smithsonian Affiliate membership.
- Recognition as an Exhibition Leadership Circle member ($2,500 and higher).
- Lunch with the Museum Director ($5,000 and higher).
Interested in a monthly or quarterly payment option? Contact Sarah Lowder at 919.707.9826 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Join the Brimley Society
For questions about Brimley membership, contact Sarah Lowder at 919.707.9826 or email@example.com.
- Brimley Society Member - $1000*
- Brimley Society Associate - $2500*
- Brimley Society Patron - $5000*
- Brimley Society Sponsor - $10,000*