You are cordially invited to honor the Museum's founders, H.H. and C.S. Brimley, by supporting the most visited museum and top fieldtrip attraction in North Carolina. Help usher in a new era of exploration reminiscent of the Brimley brothers' historic yet uniquely modern approach to science. The Brimley Society, launched in 2005 to recognize the Friends of the Museum's most dedicated supporters, was named after the founding fathers of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences.
Contributions from Brimley Society members, our most committed supporters, help supplement the Museum's free admission and affordable programs, ensuring that every visitor entering our doors has the opportunity to experience cutting-edge science in myriad ways. Proceeds from the Brimley Society sustain the Friends' ongoing efforts to support the Museum's educational program, research and exhibits.
A perfect blend of membership and philanthropy, your Brimley gift helps the Museum offer an array of presentations, events, exhibitions and educational programs, including:
- Astronomy Days, Reptile and Amphibian Day, BugFest and more;
- Outreach programs for underserved communities;
- Public presentations by world-renowned scientists; and
- A wide variety of fun and educational summer camps.
Beyond the satisfaction of giving, the Brimley Society adds value with exclusive benefits available only to Brimley donors. Full list of benefits at all Brimley levels. In appreciation of your support, you may choose to receive the following Brimley Society Benefits:
- Invitations to exclusive Brimley Society events and educational programs;
- Discounted admission to signature opening events;
- Free admission to special exhibitions, plus six (6) guest passes to share with family and friends;
- Six (6) movie passes to the WRAL 3D Digital Theater;
- Recognition on Brimley Society plaque and website and in North Carolina Naturalist magazine;
- 20% discount in Museum Stores and 15% discount in Nature Art Gallery;
- Smithsonian Affiliate Membership, including a subscription to Smithsonian Magazine, a 10% discount at Smithsonian Museum stores, a 10% discount on all Smithsonian IMAX tickets; and
- 25% discount on rental fee to use the Museum for your event.
The Brimley Society also includes the following Friends of the Museum benefits:
- The stunning North Carolina Naturalist magazine
- Behind-the-Scenes Tours led by Museum staff and researchers;
- Hospitality area for members at select public events like BugFest and Astronomy Days;
- Discounts on classes, workshops, trip and birthday parties;
- Discounts and priority registration on Summer Camps.
Barbara Page Tiles, Bridge Across Time
The bridge that spans Salisbury Street between the Museum's two buildings is a journey through time. Nationally-acclaimed artist Barbara Page created 268 decorative porcelain tiles that border the bridge's third floor walkway. The tiles depict the fossil animals, plants, and tracks left behind during the past 544 million years of Earth's history, set out in chronological order, between the dawn of the Paleozoic Era and today. North Carolina fossils are featured.
An exciting new benefit for members of the Brimley Society who pledge to join at the $10,000 level is permanent recognition on a Bridge Across Time tile. [Learn more about the Brimley Society | Join or renew here]
To view photographs of tiles available for your naming opportunity, please see our Bridge Tiles album*.
Read more about the tiles in this blog post by Paleontology & Geology Collections Manager Trish Weaver.
*We strive to maintain the most up-to-date listing of available tiles. In the event that your desired tile has been claimed since the last listing update, you will be notified to make a new selection.
Join the Brimley Society
For questions about Brimley membership, contact Leah Fell at 919.707.9825, or email@example.com.
- Brimley Society Member - $1000-$2499*
- Brimley Society Associate - $2500-$4999*
- Brimley Society Patron - $5000-$9999*
- Brimley Society Sponsor - $10,000 and above*
* All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. The total fair market value of Brimley benefits is $109 (free admission to featured exhibitions, WRAL 3D Movie passes, guest passes to featured exhibitions, and Smithsonian Affiliate Membership). You may increase the tax-deductibility of your gift by opting out of these benefits. (You will continue to receive the North Carolina Naturalist magazine.) Please type "Waive Benefits" in the comments box on the online pledge form, check the appropriate box on the printed pledge form, or contact us at 919.707.9855 or firstname.lastname@example.org.