Brown Pelican Diorama
- At the far end of the Coastal North Carolina exhibit hall, you’ll find a truly spectacular diorama of a pelican catching its lunch.
- Coastal North Carolina Gallery
- 1st Floor, Nature Exploration Center
Underground North Carolina
Glass Lizard and Greater Siren Tanks
- Lizard or snake? Eel or salamander? Visit the tricky creatures in these tanks and find out how we identify their species despite appearances.
- Mountains to the Sea, Savanna and Bottomland
- 2nd Floor, Nature Exploration Center
A New Stand on T.rex
- Discover how modern techniques are shedding new light on old bones. Learn about T. rex’s updated stance, how birds are related to dinosaurs, and more.
- Ancient Fossils, New Discoveries
- 3rd Floor, Nature Research Center
Patterned by Nature
- Every wonder what those pixelated patterns were on the giant, 4-story ribbon sculpture? Find out at the Patterned by Nature screen that overlooks the sculpture.
- 2nd Floor, Nature Research Center