Parents and guardians play an integral role in facilitating and fostering their children’s appreciation of the natural world. To determine ways that the Museum can support families as they engage in scientific exploration, the Museum seeks to establish a Parent Forum. The Forum will offer parents and guardians from Wake and surrounding counties an opportunity to provide input and feedback on Museum services and programming.
Role of Parent Forum Members
- Provide feedback on current program offerings
- Evaluate special events, 3D movies, permanent exhibits and traveling exhibits
- Explore areas for future growth
- Generate suggestions for lobby redesign
- Address other topic areas as needs arise
- 2-year term of service
- Attend six meetings during the two years of service
- Occasionally review materials, offer feedback and participate in surveys by email
Benefits to Parent Forum Members
- Two free movie passes to the WRAL 3D Theater
- Discount on Friends of the Museum membership
- A special program for Parent Forum members and their families at the end of their 2-year term
- Snacks and drinks during Parent Forum meetings
Questions? Contact Christy Flint, Coordinator of the Micro World Investigate Lab, at 919.707.9294.