Celebrate with Us
Make your child’s birthday a memorable day by celebrating at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences. For more information contact us by email, or call 919.707.9881.
- A printable invitation (PDF)
- 45 minutes of interactive activities, crafts and live animal presentations led by a Museum educator
- 45 minutes for your celebration, which includes cake, ice cream and juice boxes
- Set up, clean up and all paper products
- A private party room
- Gift bags for each participating party guest, including a free ticket to the WRAL 3D Theater
$280 plus tax for non-members; $245 plus tax for current Friends of the Museum members. Parties must be paid in full at time of booking.
- Maximum of 12 children, including the birthday child
- Parties are offered on Saturdays at 10am, 1pm and 3:30pm and on Sundays at 1pm and 3:30pm.
- Parties may be reserved up to six months in advance of the current month and must be reserved at least one week prior to your party date.
- Check, cash and credit card may be used to make your payment. Parties must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
- To schedule a party, or for more information contact us by email, or call 919.707.9881.
- Full refund (minus a $15.00 processing fee) if cancelled at least four weeks prior to party date.
- 50% refund if cancelled at least three weeks prior to party date.
- 25% refund if cancelled at least one week prior to party date.
- NO refund if cancelled less than one week prior to party date. You may reschedule. Additional cost of new catering order if rescheduled after order can be cancelled.
- Inquire about our inclement weather cancellation/refund policy.
Ages 3–4: Participate with your young explorers as they meet live animals, create an animal, dig in a “back yard” for hidden surprises and take home a crazy animal mask. (One legal guardian must accompany each 3-year-old.)
Ages 4–6: Uncover hidden dinosaurs, search for fascinating fossils and meet dinosaur-like animals in this larger-than-life party.
Radical Reptiles and Awesome Amphibians
Ages 5–10: See and feel the differences between these two intriguing animal groups. Experience our high-jumping frogs and take home reptilian-like crafts.
Color and Camouflage
Ages 5–10: Search for hidden animals, learn how animals use camouflage and bright colors in their habitats, and make a collection of art works to take home.
Ages 6–10: Come and be a mad scientist for a day. You’ll see some awesome demonstrations and do some crazy chemistry yourself. You’ll also meet some of our animals that many consider weird.
Dino Bones and More
Ages 7–10: Build a wall-sized T. rex; examine what skulls and other bones reveal and learn possible causes of dinosaurs’ extinction.
Sunshine and Rainbows (NEW!)
Ages 5–10: Explore light and create your own rainbows with color mixing and light. Watch as beads and ink are transformed with ultraviolet light.
For more information contact us by email, or call 919.707.9881.