Celebrate with Us
Make your child’s birthday a memorable day by celebrating at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences. For more information contact us by email, or call 919.707.9881.
- A printable invitation (PDF)
- 45 minutes of interactive activities, crafts and live animal presentations led by a Museum educator
- 45 minutes for your celebration, which includes cake, ice cream and juice boxes
- Set up, clean up and all paper products
- A private party room
- Gift bags for each participating party guest, including a free ticket to the WRAL 3D Theater
$280 for non-members; $245 for current Friends of the Museum members
Become a member today!
- Maximum of 12 children, including the birthday child
- Parties are offered on Saturdays at 10 am, 1 pm and 3:30 pm and on Sundays at 1 pm and 3:30 pm.
- Parties may be reserved up to six months in advance of the current month and must be reserved at least one week prior to your party date.
- Check, cash and credit card may be used to make your payment. Parties must be paid for in full at the time of booking.
- To schedule a party, or for more information contact us by email, or call 919.707.9881.
- Full refund (minus a $15.00 processing fee) if cancelled at least four weeks prior to party date.
- 50% refund if cancelled at least three weeks prior to party date.
- 25% refund if cancelled at least one week prior to party date.
- NO refund if cancelled less than one week prior to party date. You may reschedule. Additional cost of new catering order if rescheduled after order can be cancelled.
- Inquire about our inclement weather cancellation/refund policy.
Ages 3–4: Participate with your young explorers as they meet live animals, create an animal, dig in a “back yard” for hidden surprises and take home a crazy animal mask. (One legal guardian must accompany each 3-year-old.)
Ages 4–6: Uncover hidden dinosaurs, search for fascinating fossils and meet dinosaur-like animals in this larger-than-life party.
Radical Reptiles and Awesome Amphibians
Ages 5–10: See and feel the differences between these two intriguing animal groups. Experience our high-jumping frogs and take home reptilian-like crafts.
Color and Camouflage
Ages 5–10: Search for hidden animals, learn how animals use camouflage and color in their habitats and make a rainbow of art works to take home.
Ages 6–10: Come and be a mad scientist for a day. You’ll see some awesome demonstrations and do some crazy chemistry yourself. You’ll also meet some of our animals that many consider weird.
Dino Bones and More
Ages 7–10: Build a wall-sized T. rex; examine what skulls and other bones reveal and learn possible causes of dinosaurs’ extinction.
For more information contact us by email, or call 919.707.9881.