Our plans to open to the public are currently under review. At this time, NCMNS has suspended public facing operations under the Phase 2 Safer At Home order, which runs through at least June 26. When public operations resume, we’ll be taking a phased approach to reinstating programs as the health and safety of our visitors and staff is our priority. Our website (naturalsciences.org) and social channels are updated regularly with our virtual offerings and when permissible our onsite programming will be too.
To Schedule your Field Trip to the Nature Exploration Center:
- Step 1: Choose a student program. Search for student programs offered at the Museum
- Step 2: Scheduling for the 2019–2020 school year begins Tuesday, July 30, 2019 (for classes in October – January), and Tuesday, August 13, 2019 (for classes in February – May). Programs are offered October 2019 through May 2020.
- Teachers of elementary students must register for programs at least six weeks in advance of your group’s visit. To schedule a program at the Museum, for grades Preschool–Grade 5 with either our Curiosity Classes or our Discovery Room, please contact Missy Chernick at 919.707.8860 or submit the online Scheduling Request Form below.
- Teachers of Middle and High School students must register for programs at least six weeks in advance of your group’s visit. To schedule a program at the Museum, for grades 5–12, with our Living Conservatory, please contact Missy Chernick at 919.707.8860 or submit the online Scheduling Request Form below.
- Invoices will be emailed within five days of your program confirmation with the scheduling coordinator.
- Once you have scheduled, you are also scheduled to explore the Museum before or after your group participates in their fee-based, curriculum-correlated student program, and you do not need to contact Capital Area Visitor Services.
- Step 3: If your group would like to purchase tickets for a 3D Movie before or after you participate in a student program, first confirm the date and time of your scheduled student program with Missy Chernick; then contact the Museum Box Office at 919.707.9950 to make reservations.
- Step 4: Review the list of Additional Scheduling Information for important details about the scheduling process.