- Date Range: October 2020 - May 2021
- Times Available: Tuesday-Friday, 10am, 11am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm
- Grade Levels: Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st Grade
- Class Size: minimum 8, maximum 30
- Months: January, February, March, April, May, October, November, December
- Requirements: Must register for program at least four weeks in advance.
- Fee: $50 per program (Scholarships available. See details below.)
- Contact: Missy Chernick at email@example.com
Head back to the Cretaceous and embark on a discovery of Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops and the world around them. Examine fossils and meet a live animal whose ancestors lived in prehistoric times.
This virtual program is designed to connect your group with a Museum educator online for an interactive program. Whether your students are learning from home or in the classroom (or both), using videoconferencing platforms, students can participate to learn about our natural world.
Science Curriculum Correlation(s): K.L.1, 1.L.1
Scheduling Instructions: Scheduling for the 2020-2021 school year begins Tuesday, August 25. To schedule a program, please fill out the Virtual Group Program Scheduling Request online form.
Scholarship Eligibility Information: With support from the PNC Foundation, full scholarships for Dinosaurs Roar! programs are available for teachers who meet the following criteria:
- Primarily teach preschool children ages 3 to 5 years old
- Over 51% of your students must be from low to moderate income (LMI) families. The LMI household income limit varies by county:
- Wake and Johnston: $67,445
- Franklin, Nash, Edgecombe, and Wayne: $42,540
- Orange, Durham, and Chatham: $62,960
- Columbus and Robeson: $41,840
- Cumberland and Pender: $42,240
- Bladen: $25,900
- Pitt: $49,120
If you teach in another NC county, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.