Behind the Curtain
Get an exclusive look behind the curtain at technology used at the Museum. From our 3D movies to the one-of-a-kind setup of the SECU Daily Planet Theater, you’ll learn what makes many of our programs tick!
On this tour we will look “behind the curtain” at the Museum’s:
- WRAL 3D Theater projection booth: 1st floor, Nature Exploration Center
- Immersion Theater: 2nd floor, Nature Research Center
- TV and radio studios: 1st floor, Nature Research Center
- SECU Daily Planet Theater: 1st floor, Nature Research Center
- Control room for filming live Science Cafés: 4th floor, Nature Research Center
Please check in no earlier than 30 minutes before the start of your tour time at the 11 West Jones Street entrance. This tour is limited to 15 members and will last about 90 minutes. Current membership and preregistration required.
Please note the following:
- All ages are welcome.
- Photography is encouraged; please use #NCMNS when posting on social media.
- No food, drink or strollers allowed in the tour areas.
- Email the Membership Office at least 72 hours in advance if any special accommodations will be needed.