Larry "Shane" Christian
Coordinator, Veterinary Services
121 West Jones Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
- B.S. in Animal Science (Minor in Zoology), North Carolina State University, 1998
Larry "Shane" Christian is the Coordinator of Veterinary Services for the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences. He has served in this role since the opening of the newest wing of the museum, the Nature Research Center (NRC) in April 2012. Prior to this he served as a Research Technician for the North Carolina State University (NCSU) / College of Veterinary Medicine, where he supported the Aquatic, Wildlife, and Zoologic Medicine program. He began his career in small animal veterinary medicine and transitioned into exotic animal medicine in 2002.
- Christian, L.S. (2011) Sources of Invertebrates and Supplies. In Invertebrate Medicine (2nd Edition). pp.463-470. Lewbart GA (ed) Wiley-Blackwell, Hoboken, NJ.
- Harms, C.A., Christian, L.S., Burrus, O., Hopkins, W.B., Pandiri, A.K.R., Law, M., Wolf, K.N., Butler, C.M., Lewbart, G.A. (2008) Cryotherapy for removal of a premaxillary mass from a chain pickerel using an over-the-counter wart remover. Exotic DVM. 10(2): 15-17.
- Royal, L.W., Grafinger, M.S., Lascelles, B.D., Lewbart, G.A., Christian, L.S. (2007) Internal fixation of a femur fracture in an American bullfrog (Rana catesbeiana). Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. 230(8): 1201-1204.
- Saelinger, C.A., Lewbart, G.A., Christian, L.S., Lemons, C. (2006) Prevalence of Salmonella spp. in cloacal, fecal, and gastrointestinal mucosal samples from wild North American turtles. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. 229(2): 266-268.
- Harms, C.A., Lewbart, G.A., McAlarney, R., Christian, L.S., Geissler, K.A., Lemons, C. (2006) Surgical excision of mycotic (Cladosporium sp.) granulomas from the mantle of a cuttlefish (Sepia officinalis). Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine: 37(4): 524-530.
- Lewbart, G.A., Kishimori, J., Christian, L.S., (2005) The North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine Turtle Rescue Team: A model for a successful wild reptile clinic. Journal of Veterinary Medical Education. 32(3): 377-381.
- Lewbart, G.A., Christian L. (2001) Repair of a fractured shell in an apple snail. Exotic DVM Magazine. 5(2): 8-9.