- Date Range: October 2015 - May 2016
- Times Available: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, 10:00am
- Grade Levels: Kindergarten
- Class Size: minimum 8, maximum 30
- Months: February, March, April, May, October, November, December
- Requirements: Must register for program at least two weeks in advance of your group's visit.
- Fee: $50 per program
- Contact: Kim Smart at 919.707.8880
Take a hike with a naturalist. Focus on using observation and the senses to discover animal signs and other wonders of nature. Programs are 60 minutes long. Located off Reedy Creek Road, Prairie Ridge Ecostation has 45 acres of Piedmont prairie, forest, ponds, a stream and sustainable building features integrated with a wildlife-friendly landscape. Programs can usually accommodate one or two classes which can be done simultaneously. As intrepid explorers, please be prepared with adequate provisions and apparel for any weather. Science Curriculum Correlation(s): K.L.1 Scheduling information: To schedule a program at Prairie Ridge Ecostation, contact Kim Smart, Natural Sciences Educator, at 919.707.8880.