- Date Range: October 2016 - May 2017
- Times Available: Weekdays, 10:00am
- Grade Levels: 1st Grade
- Class Size: minimum 8, maximum 30
- Months: February, March, April, May, October, November
- Requirements: Must register for program at least four weeks in advance of your group's visit.
- Fee: $65 per program
- Contact: Kim Smart at 919.707.8880
Explore the prairie and its woodland edge looking for signs of life. Take an up-close look at the smaller creatures from the pond. We will see how each environment meets the needs of the animals that live here.This program is 45 minutes long and takes place at Prairie Ridge. Programs can usually accommodate one or two classes which can be done simultaneously. As intrepid explorers, please be prepared with adequate provisions and apparel for any weather.
Located off Reedy Creek Road, Prairie Ridge Ecostation has 45 acres of Piedmont prairie, forest, ponds, a stream and sustainable building features integrated with a wildlife-friendly landscape.
Science Curriculum Correlation(s): 1.L.1Scheduling information: Registration begins on Tuesday, August 16, 2016. To schedule a program at Prairie Ridge Ecostation, please fill out the Prairie Ridge Scheduling Request Form below or contact Kim Smart, Natural Sciences Educator, at 919.707.8880.