- Date Range: October 2017 - May 2018
- Times Available: Weekdays, 10:00am
- Grade Levels: 3rd Grade
- Class Size: minimum 8, maximum 30
- Months: February, March, April, May, October, November
- Requirements: Must register for program at least four weeks in advance of your group's visit.
- Fee: $70 per program (pricing includes tax)
- Contact: Kim Smart at 919.707.8880
Explore properties of soils including water retention, texture and color. Test the dispersal properties of various seeds. Learn the parts of plants and their functions. This program is 60 minutes long and takes place at Prairie Ridge. Programs can usually accommodate one or two classes which can be done simultaneously. As intrepid explorers, please be prepared with adequate provisions and apparel for any weather.
Located off Reedy Creek Road, Prairie Ridge Ecostation has 45 acres of Piedmont prairie, forest, ponds, a stream and sustainable building features integrated with a wildlife-friendly landscape.
Science Curriculum Correlation(s): 3.L.2Scheduling information: Registration begins on Tuesday, August 15, 2017. To schedule a program at Prairie Ridge Ecostation, please fill out the Prairie Ridge Scheduling Request Form below or contact Kim Smart, Natural Sciences Educator, at 919.707.8880.