- Date Range: October 2015 - May 2016
- Times Available: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 10:00am & 1:00pm
- Grade Levels: 3rd Grade
- Class Size: minimum 8, maximum 30
- Months: January, February, March, April, May, October, November, December
- Requirements: Must register for program at least two weeks in advance of your group's visit.
- Fee: $50 per program
- Contact: Kim Smart at 919.707.8880
Explore properties of soils including water retention, texture and color. Test the dispersal properties of various seeds. Learn the parts of plants and their functions. This program takes place at Prairie Ridge.
Located off Reedy Creek Road, Prairie Ridge Ecostation has 45 acres of Piedmont prairie, forest, ponds, a stream and sustainable building features integrated with a wildlife-friendly landscape.
Programs can usually accommodate one or two classes which can be done simultaneously. As intrepid explorers, please be prepared with adequate provisions and apparel for any weather.
Science Curriculum Correlation(s): 3.L.2
Scheduling information: To schedule a program at Prairie Ridge Ecostation, contact Kim Smart, Natural Sciences Educator, at 919.707.8880.