- Date Range: October 2015 - May 2016
- Times Available: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 10:00am & 1:00pm
- Grade Levels: 6th Grade
- Class Size: minimum 8, maximum 30
- Months: February, March, April, May, October, November, December
- Requirements: Must register for program at least two weeks in advance of your group's visit.
- Fee: $50 per program
- Contact: Kim Smart at 919.707.8880
Explore the forest floor and/or the pond, searching for the producers, consumers, and decomposers. How does energy move through this ecosystem? As intrepid explorers, please be prepared with adequate provisions and apparel for any weather. Programs are 60 minutes long. Located off Reedy Creek Road, Prairie Ridge Ecostation has 45 acres of Piedmont prairie, forest, ponds, a stream and sustainable building features integrated with a wildlife-friendly landscape. Science Curriculum Correlation(s): 6.L.2-Ecosystems, Energy Flow, and Population Responses Scheduling information: To schedule a program at Prairie Ridge Ecostation, contact Kim Smart, Natural Sciences Educator, at 919.707.8880.