- Date Range: October 2017 - May 2018
- Times Available: Weekdays, 10:00am
- Grade Levels: 5th Grade
- Class Size: minimum 8, maximum 30
- Months: March, April, May, October, November
- Requirements: Must register for program at least four weeks in advance of your group's visit.
- Fee: $70 per program (pricing includes tax)
- Contact: Kim Smart at 919.707.8880
Explore the prairie and the pond, searching for producers, consumers, and decomposers. How do all of these plants and animals depend on each other? As intrepid explorers, please be prepared with adequate provisions and apparel for any weather. Programs are 60 minutes long. Located off Reedy Creek Road, Prairie Ridge Ecostation has 45 acres of Piedmont prairie, forest, ponds, a stream and sustainable building features integrated with a wildlife-friendly landscape. Science Curriculum Correlation(s): 5.L.2 Scheduling information: Registration begins on Tuesday, August 15, 2017. To schedule a program at Prairie Ridge Ecostation, please fill out the Prairie Ridge Scheduling Request Form below or contact Kim Smart, Natural Sciences Educator, at 919.707.8880.