- Date Range: October 2016 - May 2017
- Times Available: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 10:00am & 11:15am
- Grade Levels:
6th Grade, 7th Grade, 8th Grade, 9th Grade, 10th Grade, 11th Grade, 12th Grade
- Class Size: minimum 8, maximum 30
January, February, March, April, May, October, November, December
- Requirements: Must register for program at least six weeks in advance of your group's visit.
- Fee: Oct. - Jan.: $50 per program; Feb. - May: $65 per program
- Contact: Debbie Huston at 919.707.9840
Use compound microscopes to discover the structures that allow single-celled organisms to carry out the basic functions of life. Examine a variety of protists such as Euglena, Amoeba, Paramecium and Volvox. Your group will make wet-mount slides, become proficient in the use of compound microscopes and learn how to calculate total magnification. This program takes place in the Micro World Investigate Lab
Science Curriculum Correlation(s)
Scheduling for the 2016–2017 school year begins Thursday, August 18, 2016
. You must register for programs at least six weeks in advance of your group’s visit. To schedule this program, contact the Debbie Huston
, Scheduling Coordinator at 919.707.9840 or submit an online Scheduling Request Form.