A Few Rules
To ensure that your visit to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences is a pleasant and rewarding experience, please follow the rules outlined below:
- Groups arriving at the Museum should form a line outside the appropriate building. The group leader must register in the Museum lobby of the appropriate building prior to the group’s entry to the Museum.
- Groups should not gather in front of elevators, escalators or doors.
- Leaders and chaperones are responsible for the conduct of their groups. Students must be under direct adult supervision at all times while in the buildings, including the Museum Stores, escalators, elevators, and stairs.
- Please use the escalators in the Nature Exploration Center, and the main staircase in the Nature Research Center. Elevators are available for persons with disabilities. Stairs in the Nature Exploration Center are for emergency use only.
- Touch exhibits only where permitted. Never tap on exhibits where live animals are kept.
- Students must use “inside voices”. Encourage everyone in your group to listen for the many natural sounds in the exhibits (whale songs, bird calls, frog choruses, etc.).
- No food, gum or drink is permitted in the exhibit halls.