To Schedule your Field Trip to the Nature Exploration Center:
- Step 1: Choose a student program. Search for student programs offered at the Museum
- Step 2: Scheduling for the 2017–2018 school year begins Tuesday, August 15, 2017. Programs are offered October 2017 through May 2018.
- Teachers of elementary students must register for programs at least four weeks in advance of your group’s visit. To schedule a program at the Museum, for grades Preschool–Grade 5 with either our Curiosity Classes or our Discovery Room, please contact Missy Chernick at 919.707.8860 or submit the online Scheduling Request Form below.
- Teachers of Middle and High School students must register for programs at least six weeks in advance of your group’s visit. To schedule a program at the Museum, for grades 5–12, with our Living Conservatory, please contact Missy Chernick at 919.707.8860 or submit the online Scheduling Request Form below.
- Invoices will be emailed within five days of your program confirmation with the scheduling coordinator.
- Once you have scheduled, you are also scheduled to explore the Museum before or after your group participates in their fee-based, curriculum-correlated student program, and you do not need to contact Capital Area Visitor Services.
- Step 3: If your group would like to visit a Featured Exhibition or 3D Movie before or after you participate in a student program, first confirm the date and time of your scheduled student program with Missy Chernick; then contact the Museum Box Office at 919.707.9950 to make reservations.
- Step 4: Review the list of Additional Scheduling Information for important details about the scheduling process.