- Date Range: October 2016 - May 2017
- Times Available: Weekdays, 10:00am
- Grade Levels: 4th Grade
- Class Size: minimum 8, maximum 30
- Months: February, March, April, May, October, November
- Requirements: Must register for program at least four weeks in advance of your group's visit.
- Fee: $65 per program
- Contact: Kim Smart at 919.707.8880
Study the animals in the forest, prairie, or pond to see how their different behaviors or structures help then to survive in specific habitats. As intrepid explorers, please be prepared with adequate provisions and apparel for any weather. Programs are 60 minutes long and take place at Prairie Ridge Ecostation. Located off Reedy Creek Road, Prairie Ridge Ecostation has 45 acres of Piedmont prairie, forest, ponds, a stream and sustainable building features integrated with a wildlife-friendly landscape. Science Curriculum Correlation(s): 4.L.1 Scheduling information: Registration begins on Tuesday, August 16, 2016. To schedule a program at Prairie Ridge Ecostation, please fill out the Prairie Ridge Scheduling Request Form below or contact Kim Smart, Natural Sciences Educator, at 919.707.8880.