Smithsonian Science How?: Lemurs
The Smithsonian Institution selected the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences as a partner for "Smithsonian Science How?" a new program to deliver real-world science directly into classrooms through free, interactive live webcasts and classroom resources. These programs are aligned to correlate with relevant national middle school standards.
"How to Eat Like a Lemur" with Chris Smith, education specialist at Duke Lemur Center, is the second presentation in the series. The Smithsonian’s Briana Pobiner will follow with “Early Human Diets" at 11am.
May I attend in person?
Individuals and families may attend the program in person in the SECU Daily Planet Theater as space allows.
How do I connect?
Schools interested in participating in this free program should contact Tamara Poles at 919.707.9277 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Teacher’s Name.
- Grade level.
- The time you will be viewing our presentation.
- The time you will be viewing Smithsonian Science How?
- Total number of students that will be viewing the program.
- How you found out about this program.
- Specific questions for the scientists. (Questions will be answered as time allows.)
For more information please see our Smithsonian Science How? page.