Natural Talent Design Competition 2014
Get a glimpse of a green future as college students from across the state come together to participate in the 2014 Natural Talent Design Competition, hosted by the U.S. Green Building Council—North Carolina Chapter (USGBC NC). The design projects will be on display in the Nature Research Center and winners from the competition will be announced during the Award Ceremony at 3pm in the Environmental Conference Center, 4th floor of the Nature Research Center.
The Natural Talent Design Competition will address sustainability, green building and community engagement issues. The 2014 design challenge is based on the Charlotte Gateway Station Multi-Modal Transportation Center project, an initiative by The City of Charlotte and the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
The Design Competition challenges college and university students to design sustainable building projects. This year, the objectives of the challenge are to:
- Broaden environmental education in the building professions within the university system.
- Empower students and young professionals to become future leaders in the green building movement.
- Highlight the efforts and initiative of students and emerging leaders in the green building movement.
- Encourage the reduction of the dependence on fossil fuels within the building industry.
- Connect students with esteemed individuals from USGBC and green building industries.
- Promote exemplary designs of future designers.
- Utilize LEED® as a guideline for building design and performance.
- Recognize and award students and young professionals for their dedication, creativity, innovation, and commitment to sustainable design.
- Further the understanding of Living Buildings through the Living Building Challenge.
For more information please email email@example.com.