Member Exclusive: Rainforest Tour
Get an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the Biodiversity Lab, Program Animal Collection, and tropical mammal Research Collections. Get your questions answered by our resident experts and enjoy special access to restricted areas of the Museum.
Each tour includes:
- Program Animal Collection: Meet the hardworking program animals, learn about the expert care they receive and the team dedicated to their wellbeing with Adrian Yirka, Coordinator of Program Animal Collection.
- Biodiversity Lab: Learn more about the latest research being conducted in the Earth Observation and Biodiversity Lab with Stephanie Schuttler, Postdoctoral Research Associate.
- Research Collections: Examine tropical mammal specimens and learn how they relate to our NC mammals with Benjamin Hess, Collections Manager of Mammals.
There will be two sessions: 1-2:30pm and 2:30-4pm. Please check in 10 minutes before the start of your tour at the 11 West Jones Street entrance.
Space is very limited. Registration required. All members ages 10 and older are welcome. No strollers allowed.
On this tour, members will come in direct contact with live animals. Please note the following safety precautions:
- No food or drink allowed.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No service or therapy animals.
- People with severe live animal allergies, who are immunocompromised, or who are prone to seizures or other sudden, severe uncontrollable physical experiences may not enter Living Collections behind-the-scenes areas.
- Avoid loose or excessively flowing clothing such as scarves. Low-heeled, close-toed shoes are recommended.
- While photography is encouraged in the Biodiversity Lab and Research Collections, photography and electronic recording is prohibited in the Program Animal Collection area.
Registration is closed.
Not a member? Join now!
To make a phone reservation, call 919-707-9813. For more information, contact Andrea Jones at email@example.com or 919-707-9839.