Great White Shark 3D Movie Premiere
We’re rolling out the red carpet for the premiere of our newest 3D feature, "Great White Shark" on Thursday, February 27.
- See the extended 40-minute version with 20 extra minutes of shark footage.
- Hear more about sharks and their preservation in “Why Sharks Matter: The ecological and economic importance of sharks, threats they face, and how you can help” with David Shiffman of the University of Miami’s Abess Center for Ecosystem Science and Policy.
- Engage in educational shark games and activities.
- View specimens from our Teaching Collections.
- Enjoy freshly popped popcorn and beverages.
Event begins at 5:30pm. Lecture begins at 6pm. Film screening begins at 7pm.
Space is limited. Buy tickets now
About Our Speaker
David Shiffman is a PhD student at the University of Miami's Abess Center for Ecosystem Science and Policy, where he studies the ecology and conservation of sharks. He has interacted with over 3,000 sharks on three continents. His lab, the RJ Dunlap Marine Conservation Program, takes students and community groups out to tag sharks with them; learn more at RJD.Miami.edu/participate! David has been interviewed about sharks for CNN, National Geographic, Scientific American, NPR, and many more outlets. You can follow him on Twitter @WhySharksMatter or facebook.com/WhySharksMatter, and he is always happy to answer any questions that you have about sharks.