Earth Month: Climate Science
The Museum is celebrating Earth Day all month long! Join us for Earth Month every Science Thursday in April from 5-9pm. Each Thursday will have a different conservation-related topic. Come see exhibitors, listen to talks and participate in activities and learn more about ways YOU can make the Earth a better place!
Climate Science exhibitors will include NC Green Power and the Capital Group Sierra Club.
- Test yourself as you spin the Wheel of Environmental Knowledge
- Compare your Carbon Footprint
- Learn about Ocean Acidification
Special SECU Daily Planet Programming
5:30pm — Film: Earth in 1,000 Years.
6:15pm — Film: Earth the Operator’s Manual.
7:15pm — Guest Lecture by Greg Fishel, WRAL Chief Meteorologist.
8:00pm — Global Warming: A Matter of Physics by Dr. Walt Robinson, NC State University, Department of Marine, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences.
Earth Month Schedule
- April 3 — Climate Science
- April 10 — Water
- April 17 — Sustainability
- April 24 — Biodiversity & Conservation