The Nature Art Gallery is located on the mezzanine level of the Museum Store and features original nature-themed art. All exhibited art is for sale.
The main gallery showcases regional artists' two and three-dimensional arts and crafts — hand blown glass, NC pottery (including Bulldog Pottery), wildlife photography, lithographs and paintings. The secondary gallery features a single artist each month in a juried exhibition of their most recent work. Opening receptions are held during the Museum's First Friday  events. For more information call 919.707.9854.
Monday–Saturday: 9 am–4:45 pm
Sunday: noon–4:45 pm
Luminous Perspective: Seeing Insects in a New Light: Paintings by Stacey Thalden
February 6–March 1, 2015
Opening reception First Friday February 6, 6-8pm
Remarkably realistic 3D paintings of beetles that magnify the extraordinary colors, patterns and proportions displayed these insects.
Tricolor Metallic Wood-boring beetle III
Press Release 
- December 5–January 25 — Scenes from the Natural World: Photography by Mike Boykin
- February 6–March 1 — Luminous Perspective: Seeing Insects in a New Light by Stacey Thalden
- March 6–29 — Shells by A.B. "Bud" Cooper
- April 3–26 — On Point Wild: Ball Point Pen Nature Drawings by Brian Carney
- May 1–31 — Old Roots, New Branches: NC Pottery by Ben Owen
- June 5–August 2 — Transparent: Overlapping Images of Nature by Trena McNabb
- September 4–27 — Raleigh, Naturally: Artwork by Vicki Rees
- October 2–November 1 — Wings: Artwork by Barbara Rohde
- November 6–29 — The Nature Series: Artwork by Ellen Gamble
- December 4–January 31, 2016 — Artwork by Sharron Parker
The Nature Art Gallery is pleased to offer limited edition giclee prints, signed by NC artist Robert Johnson, of his paintings Signs of Spring (above) and Signs of Autumn Across North Carolina (below). These high quality prints, on archival paper using archival inks, measure 26x18 inches and can be purchased exclusively from the Gallery, framed or unframed. Or you can reserve one by calling 919.707.9854.
Accessibility Note: The Nature Art Gallery is only accessible by stairs. For each exhibition all art will be photographed. Staff will bring individual pieces to the main floor of the Museum Store as requested.
Prospectus for Artists  (Word document)