Please review the abbreviated list of requirements below to ensure a safe and enjoyable event for you and your guests. The complete list is included with your contract.
- The Museum closes at 5 pm. Event rentals may typically be scheduled between 6 and 10 pm.
- For the safety of our animals, balloons, bubbles, confetti, fog machines, popcorn, sequins, streamers, etc. are not allowed in the Museum.
- Decorations must be freestanding.
- Live, potted plants may not be used as decoration anywhere in the Museum.
- Each floor has designated areas where amplified music is allowed. The Friends of the Museum Event Rental Staff will let you know where these areas are located.
- A dance floor must be used in all areas designated for dancing. It must be removed the night of the event.
- The Client shall provide greeters for the event. Greeters should remain at the front entrance of the Museum for the first half-hour of the event and direct invitees to the event area.
- Rocky Top Hospitality is the exclusive caterer  for Museum events. All food and beverage must be provided by the caterer. Outside food and alcohol are not permitted. Cash bars are only allowed for non-profit groups.
- An ABC permit is required for any event at which alcoholic beverages are served.
- Security personnel must be on duty from one half-hour prior to event commencement to one half-hour after the event ends. The cost of security personnel is to be paid by the Client and is non-refundable.
- Smoking is prohibited throughout the Museum.
The Museum reserves the right to refuse any event, or to slightly alter an event's layout, menu or other detail to meet Museum guidelines. We will work with you to ensure that your event is a wonderful occasion.