Nature Art Gallery
The Nature Art Gallery is located on the mezzanine level of the Museum Store and features original nature-themed art. All exhibited art is for sale.
The main gallery showcases regional artists' two- and three-dimensional arts and crafts — hand blown glass, NC pottery (including Bulldog Pottery), wildlife photography, lithographs and paintings. The secondary gallery features a single artist each month in a juried exhibition of their most recent work. Opening receptions are held during the Museum's First Friday events. For more information call 919.707.9854.
Monday–Saturday: 9 am–4:45 pm
Sunday: noon–4:45 pm
Dale McEntire: Seeking the Crescent
April 4 - 27, 2014
Opening reception First Friday April 4, 6-8pm
Western North Carolina artist Dale McEntire says his new exhibition, "Seeking the Crescent," is pure and beautiful and believes that there is an essential quality in nature that has a spiritual essence.
- March 7-30 - Distant Relatives: Dinosaurs and Birds by Anna Podris/Keith Norval
- April 4-27 - Seeking the Crescent: Contemporary Landscapes by Dale McEntire
- May 2-26 - Beyond their Borders by April Flanders
- June 6-July 27 - Somewhere Between Lost and Found: A selection of work by Daniel McClendon
- August 1-September 1 - Audubon Revisited by Amy Sawyer
- September 5-28 - Horizons: Touching the Sky by the Pastel Society of NC
The Nature Art Gallery is pleased to offer limited edition giclee prints, signed by NC artist Robert Johnson, of his paintings Signs of Spring (above) and Signs of Autumn Across North Carolina (below). These high quality prints, on archival paper using archival inks, measure 26x18 inches and can be purchased exclusively from the Gallery, framed or unframed. Or you can reserve one by calling 919.707.9854.
Accessibility Note: The Nature Art Gallery is only accessible by stairs. For each exhibition all art will be photographed. Staff will bring individual pieces to the main floor of the Museum Store as requested.
Prospectus for Artists (Word document)