Rules for Visitng Groups
To ensure that your visit to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences is a pleasant and rewarding experience, please follow the rules outlined below:
- Groups arriving at the Museum should form a line outside. The group leader must register in the Museum lobby prior to the group’s entry to the Museum.
- Groups should not gather in front of elevators, escalators or doors.
- Leaders and chaperones are responsible for the conduct of their groups. Students must be under direct adult supervision at all times while in the building, including the Museum Store and escalators.
- Please use the escalators. Elevators are available for persons with disabilities. Stairs are for emergency use only.
- Touch exhibits only where permitted. Never tap on exhibits where live animals are kept.
- Students must use "inside voices". Encourage everyone in your group to listen for the many natural sounds in the exhibits (whale songs, bird calls, frog choruses, etc.).
- No food, gum or drink is permitted in the exhibit halls.