The Evolution of Animal Nature
Get an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the mammal research prep lab and collections. Get your questions answered by our resident experts and enjoy special access to normally restricted areas of the Museum. Examine mammal specimens and learn more about the latest research and data collection being conducted with Mammalogy Collections Manager, Benjamin Hess.
Friday, May 19
- Session 1: 10am–11am (This session has been canceled. Please check other sessions for availability.)
- Session 2: 11am–noon
Saturday, May 20
- Session 1: 1pm–2pm
- Session 2: 2pm–3pm
- Session 3: 3pm–4pm (This session has been canceled. Please check other sessions for availability.)
Please check in 10 minutes before the start of your tour at the 11 West Jones Street entrance.
Each session is limited to 25 members and will last about 60 minutes. Please allow for a few minutes of transition time between sessions. Registration required. All ages are welcome. No strollers allowed.
Please note the following safety precautions:
- No food or drink allowed.
- While photography in the research collections is encouraged, touching specimens is prohibited.
- During the tour, Members will be guided down a flight of stairs to the Research Collections. Let Membership Coordinator Catherine Starek know in advance if the use of an elevator will be needed.