A Birds’-Eye View of the Ornithology Collections
Ornithology Research Collections
Go behind-the-scenes in the Museum’s Ornithology (birds) collections on this 1-hour guided tour, led by the Research Curator, John Gerwin, and Collections Manager, Brian O’Shea. You’ll get your questions answered by our resident experts and enjoy special access to normally restricted areas of the Museum. Examine bird feathers, bones, and eggs, and get a bird’s-eye view of the Museum’s impressive seabird collection of more than 2,000 specimens, and much more.
ORNITHOLOGY TOUR SESSIONS
- Friday, August 25
- Register for Tour Group 1: 10:00am-11:00am
- Register for Tour Group 2: 11:00am-12:00pm
- Saturday, August 26
- Register for Tour Group 1: 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Register for Tour Group 2: 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Register for Tour Group 3: 3:00pm-4:00pm
Check-in will begin no earlier than 30 minutes prior to your registered tour time at the 11 West Jones Street entrance. Each session is limited to 25 members and will last about 60 minutes. Please allow for a few minutes of transition time between sessions. All ages are welcome.
Fee: Free, but registration and a current Museum membership are required.
Please note the following safety precautions:
- No strollers allowed inside the tour areas.
- No food or drink allowed.
- While photography in the research collections and sharing on social media (#MuseumBTS) is encouraged, the Curator and Collections Manager will let you know which specimens may be touched.